Monday, June 18, 2012

Thoughts worth thinking...or not

Thoughts are such profound things in our lives, when you take a minute to think about it. I just had one of those moments. My life at this time is crazy busy. It seems like my mind is on overdrive, but I don't have time to process my thoughts much of the time. Not long ago I wrote a post called "Thought Life" because God has been working on me in this area. The funny thing is, as soon as I put into action the steps I described to combat the thoughts I was struggling with at that time (and had great success!), here came another one. This thought is really a question I've struggled with most of my life, attached to a huge ball of emotion, hurt, and blame. It's so funny that something so huge could slowly creep it's way back into my mind and start an "auto-repeat" cycle without me realizing it until literally just now.

I was praying and pouring out my heart to God to help get rid of the huge burden there. In the process, He pointed out to me that this big question has become a real problem and the enemy is using it to stir the emotional pot in my life. Um, yeah, I have enough on my plate, thanks, but NO THANKS! And so, it just occured to me, some thoughts aren't worth thinking and some questions aren't worth asking. There are some situations in life that can't be fixed even if you had all the answers.  So, this question is one I'm laying to rest tonight. I should have been casting it down for a long time now, but honestly didn't realize it before. The devil is just that sneaky. When his old tricks aren't working, he finds new ones.

God is sooooo good and faithful! I'm thankful to be able to bring my burdens to Him and have Him so sweetly point out the problem. I'm willing to cast this question out, to forgive and let go of that huge, ugly, sad ball of emotion and let God pour in His love and healing again.

I'm sending this message into cyberspace because I want to encourage you to take a minute and let God search you and know you. Your thoughts. Your emotions. Your questions. I'm sure it's possible that someone else might read this and realize they too have an annoying, legitimate question or maybe just some stinkin' thinkin' that needs to be cleaned out. I pray for the people who read this that God will touch your heart and mind in a special way and prompt you to give over any negative, dibilitating thoughts in exchange for his comfort, peace, and burden-lifting rest!

Search me, God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting. (Psalm 139:23, 24 NIV -love this whole chapter)



Wishing you peace and joy this week!
Dina
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and day after day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me? But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing the Lord's praise,
for he has been good to me. (Psalm 13:2, 5, 6 NIV)

3 comments:

Trina said...

I like that you have added a section on your blog about faith. As I read your posts it reminds me of the scriptures we are reading in an online group called She reads truth

Dina and Ricky said...

Thank you for commenting and sharing the blog! I'm checking it out now!

derekminton said...

Thanks for sharing. I am a student clinician and a fellow believer. I was on your site looking for some Thanksgiving activities for preschoolers and Faith tab and read your blog. It was a great idea to use your site to share your faith. Check out 1 Peter 5:6-7. And just one comment about the verse, I think the word "cares" in the verse is talking about God actively taking tangible care of us and is not limited to the emotional sense of care. God cares for you.
Derek