Tuesday, November 25, 2008

God is SOOOOO Good!

Well for the past several months I've had this song going through my head and heart. You know the kids' song "God is So Good". Well, it is totally true, but I was thinking this morning that He's not good because right now my life is good. He's good because He just is! Even if my life were in a crummy place, even if I was in a time of waiting on Him, He would still be good. I love that He is constant. No matter what changes in my life, He is always the same. It's so good to know that He's not moody or quick to become angry with me, even when I do and say dumb things along the way!

So if you're in a place that doesn't feel so good, maybe you're wondering "hey, what's the big idea here?", you might need to remind yourself that God IS GOOD! Not just when your life is good, but even when it feels totally rotten. Sometimes it's our own fault that we're in a bad situation, but other times, it's just life coming with its ups and downs. Let God use the bad times to draw you to Him, show you His love, lead and guide you on the unseen path ahead. And if you're in a good place, be thankful. Look around you and notice those who are in need and reach out while you can. Count your blessings everyday. Even on the worst day, I promise your blessings will outweigh the sad, bad, and crummy!

We have sooooo much to be thankful for!! God IS GOOD!!! Happy Thanksgiving!
-Dina

You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. Genesis 50:20

For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you. Psalm 84:11,12

Good and upright is the LORD; therefore he instructs sinners in his ways. Psalm 25:8

The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them. Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. Fear the LORD, you his saints, for those who fear him lack nothing. Psalm 37:7-9

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. Psalm 100:4,5

The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made. All you have made will praise you, O LORD; your saints will extol you. Psalm 145:8-10

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi Dina -
funny, I'm sure you get this all the time but it was certainly a nice experience for me, I was googling 'barrier games' (just stocking up for a new year. I'm a state school speechie in Melbourne Aus.)and not only do I find awesome speech material at your perkilou site (the 'speechettes' i love it!) but a soul warming faith blog! I love the Lord and I admire people who do so also and are able to integrate their faith and work. well done to you! bless you, and expect to hear from me soon with an order - once school starts and i find out how much $ i have to spend!!! ;-) stephanie

Dina and Ricky said...

Stephanie,
Thank you so much for your comments about my faith page! Being able to share our faith is such a wonderful thing! I'm so glad you found my site and liked what you saw! God Bless!

Dean (from 2 Gals) said...

I was just reading your "God is so Good" blog and have to tell you that (I was widowed at a young age and left to raise my son alone) because of complete faith in God I was able to sing that song the night I buried my husband. I stood alone in the dark that night, on the back deck, looked up into a starry sky, and sang that song. YES GOD IS SO GOOD even in our darkest times HE IS STILL GOOD!

Dina and Ricky said...

Dean,
WOW what an awesome testimony! So glad to know we have a common faith in One who is soooo faithful! God bless you and thank you for sharing your story! :)

Dina