Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hard Times

My husband and I have just experienced a pretty big heartbreak in our lives. We were talking tonight about God's will and plan. Sometimes it is so hard to understand why He allows these painful situations to happen. We have faith and believe that He is able to intervene and help, but sometimes He chooses not to.

It is in times like this that I have to remind myself that God is a loving father. I think of the type of parent I want to be. I realize that sometimes parents have to tell their children no because it is the best thing for them. Even when that child thinks his parents are mean and unfair, the parents have wisdom that the child just doesn't understand yet. I am thankful that my experience in life has been that God is this type of parent. He isn't mean or unfair, but He has wisdom beyond what I can see or understand. This is when trusting in God matters the most. It is like a dad telling his child "jump" and the child trusting him to catch her.

I have told God all day long "I don't understand Your plan, but I trust you anyway!" If you have experienced something painful lately, maybe even something you prayed for that didn't happen like you wanted, I hope that you will run to God and let him be your shelter and strength! He has a plan for you. We see the here and now, but He sees from the beginning to the end!

For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome. Jeremiah 29:11
Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

We are assured and know that [God being a partner in their labor] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose. Romans 8:28

For He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!] Hebrews 13:5b


Trust God to work out whatever you need today!
All things are possible for Him!
Have a great day!
-Dina

No comments: